Become a Friend of Shenpen
COVID-19 relief efforts in Nepal:
There is no shortage of people, after the outbreak of COVID-19 and the resuting month long lock-down, who are in need of aid and support. Shenpen is working closely with the monks and helpers from Ka-Nying Shedrub Ling Monastery, who are providing food and basic hygiene products to those in need. None of this would be possible without the generous aid and support of our kind donors. Please continue to follow and support as we try to keep you up to date with all of the latest information on Shenpen’s relief efforts.
To make a contribution directly for relief efforts please visit our COVID-19 Relief section.
Shenpen’s ongoing activities:
Shenpen depends on the support of caring individuals like you to continue our work in our six program areas. By supporting Shenpen you provide underprivileged people in Nepal with vital services such as skills training, healthcare, and education. Your support will help ease their hardship and will give them a strong chance at a better future. Giving a gift to Shenpen is giving a gift that could ultimately support a whole village.
Every gift is a meaningful gift and will go a long way to furthering the work of Shenpen. For example:
- $10 buys a warm jacket or a winter blanket.
- $20 buys vaccinations for four dogs.
- $60 pays for new school uniforms, books, supplies, and tuition for one child.
- $130 pays for a health clinic to operate for one day and serve up to 70 patients.
- $200 buys 50 intraocular lens for cataract patients at one of our eye camps or all school fees for one child for one year.
- $350 pays for daily food for all the street children of Boudha for one month or one skills training session for 30 women.
Your support will help in the following ways:
- HEALTH – Menstrual health and hygiene workshop.
- EDUCATION – books and school supplies, uniforms, and school tuition.
- STREET CHILDREN – warm clothing, blankets, hygiene supplies, and nutritional food.
- ELDERLY – food, medicine, and intraocular lens for implantation into eyes of cataract patients.
- SKILLS TRAINING – training women in farming, management and entrepreneurial skills.
- ANIMALS – vaccinations, injury treatment, food and care.
- DISASTER RELIEF – Relief for destitute people harmed by natural disasters such as earthquakes, floods, landslides, crop-destroying hail, pandemic, and so forth.
Make a Regular Donation
Make a One-Time Donation
Make a Tribute Donation In Honour of a Loved One
*20% of all donations goes toward general program support.
*Donations are processed securely by PayPal through the Shedrub Development Fund.
*In the USA, your donation is tax-deductible.